Beginnings

In a craft room long, long ago...

I used to create card for friends and family-- then live intervened as it usually does, and I stopped.

However, I've decided to start again, and will document my efforts here. 

To begin with, I'll show you some of my previous cards, or at least the ones I photographed.

About me


I started to make cards when I was very small. In those days card was literally anything you could find or were given, it was too expensive to just buy it. So they were crude, and falling apart. But they were usually 3D, like a folding camera. It didn't fold, but it had the bellows!

I did an art degree, and after that realised I wanted an actual job with money, so went into IT. I made jewellery (more like little sculptures), and really that was it for craft.

Until I watched Create and Craft around 2014, and saw a die-cutting machine. I was instantly in love, and bought a Spellbinders Grand Calibur. Which was teal-- not pink, thank god. I bought it and some dies, and I created cards...

And then realised that my expensive dies had done their bit, and unless I kept making the same cards, they were spent. Yes, I could create different designs with them, but it felt as though it was a lot of money for very little. I have to say, though, that I loved die cutting. There is nothing better than passing that sandwich of plates though the machine and hearing that crunch!

Of course, Create and Craft then showed me the Silhouette Cameo. This is a cutting machine that would cut your designs at any size. I was smitten, and bought one straight away, selling the dies (but keeping the machine for embossing). 

The Cameo has been replaced by a Brother Scan and Cut SDX1200 (because of the auto-blade), and I have plenty of ideas. As I've got limited time due to other hobbies, I'm focussing on family for cards.



Comments